Here is some tips and advice for all aspects of health and fitness… You cant go far wrong implementing these tips.
1. These boots were made for walking – walking is massively under estimated and is yet one of
the best things we can do. Not just for our bodies but for our mind and stress levels. Aim to
get out and about walking once a day even if just for 5 minutes.
2. Sugar were going down! – Eliminate foods that contain high sugars, fizzy drinks, majorly
processed foods, sweets etc. There is only going be one outcome if not.
3. Exercising in a group or with a partner -having the camaraderie or buzz with other people is
a huge motivator which will lead to you increasing your effort and in turn results. Struggling
on your won, then simply ask a friend to come with you to push you and motivate you.
4. Berry good – introduce as many different types of berries as you can throughout the week to
constantly mix up the different nutrients, vitamins that you will get. Even try the one’s in
which you don’t like mixed with others to hide the taste!
5. Talking to yourself – Speaking to yourself is not crazy, motivate yourself, big yourself up to
yourself. If you want something then tell yourself what it is you want and then go get it.
Positive affirmation is the key to being motivated and successful.
6. Juicing – Juicing every now and again is absolute fine and will mix up the way your body
receives foods. Ideally, the best time to have a juice would be early morning as its quick and
you are able to get much more nutrients in this way.
7. Mix up your exercises – Do not stick with the same old routine. you and your body will both
get bored. Keep mixing it up and doing something different to keep your mind and body
happy. you can’t change if you stay the same.
8. Coconut oil – Start using coconut oil in smoothies, when frying, in protein shakes to help
with digestion, skin, hair and stress. You can even add it into your bath!
9. Going green – Try to have at least 2 greens per day. Easiest way in the morning is either
omelette, scrambled eggs, or a smoothie. The dark leafy greens are full of vital nutrients and
vitamins such as chlorophyll and other vitamins which can help lower blood sugar and
nourish your digestive tract.
10. Write your goals down – Write down what it is you want to achieve and have it somewhere
you see them a lot. It needs to be something visual so you can start seeing it without
knowing, in other words you will sub consciously be thinking about them all the time which
has been proven to help you reach your goals.
11. Read a book – Not only is it fun, it is also brain food.nourish your brain with small challenges
to keep it healthy and young. A good tip to get yourself focused in the morning is to read a
couple of pages backwards to get your mind and brain switched on.
12. Getting up and down – sounds so simple but we lose the ability over time to do this and do it
well. For a change every now and again sit on the floor or practice doing ‘get-ups’ to improve
13. Lifting weights – lift weight to help the body in the future with arthritis, osteoporosis etc. It
doesn’t have to be big and heavy, just small amounts of resistance work should be added in
each day whether it is in a gym or not is different.
14. Get your compound moves in at least once a week – hit the big movements to gain even
more ‘gain’. Squats deadlifts, pull ups, bent over row, bench press, shoulder press, leg press.
Include these for the ultimate workout.
15. Smoothies – quick easy way to fill up on your fruits and veg and also have a quick breakfast
on the way to work. Its the best way as you can just chuck in whatever you like and play
around with tastes. Here is some great recipes for smoothies
16. Sleep! – Sleep is huge for everything above and below this. It alters and has a affect on
everything. optimal times to try to get to sleep are around 10:30 to go to sleep and wake
17. Water – now this is a big one. its usually just recommended that you have 2 litres of water
per day. But here is how you should work out how much you actually need.
Bodyweight in kg x 0.033 = in litres how
much water you need.
18. Exercising in the morning – my best routine for in the morning needs to be a good HIIT
session. It should last for around 20 minutes and you will know about it when your done.
Aim to hit as many muscles as you can, get moving about in quick fire time to get the heart
racing and blood pumping.
19. Shut down before bed – You should aim to take anything from 15 – 30 minutes to shut down
any electronic equipment, phones, TVs and wind down ready for bed. This allows the brain
and body to enter sleep mode rather than doing what everyone does and switches phone
off and gets in bed. Then they try to do the shut down process in bed which results in getting
worked up because of lack of sleep.
20. Eating raw foods – this can help you with all sorts of digestive issues. Raw foods have a
special digestive enzyme in them which helps with acid reflux and GERD. By raw foods, we i
mean raw fruit and veg, peppers carrots etc. Please don’t go out and eat 3 raw chicken
21. Give – giving is the most powerful thing to do. It would be nice to give away £100 right? but i
don’t mean it like that. Giving some one a extra minute of your time, giving them some help,
giving them a smile ( not advised to direct at the opposite sex when out with partners.)
Spread the happiness
22. Adding supplements – I mean natural supplements as well. like fenugreek, mint, lime,
lemon, cinnamon, cranberry, bochu, fennel, chilli, basil. All the good stuff that are
sometimes just used as ornaments.
23. Hill sprints – great first thing in the morning. When mixing training up, be sure to get outside
and try some hill sprints, minimum 6 rounds that should last 30 seconds roughly, obviously if
its a huge hill then vary times and round, unless you are in beast mode that day 🙂
24. Eat locally sourced foods – i know its hard nowadays but there are places like local butchers
and fresh fruit and veg grocers who do grow their own, you just need to get out there and
look for them.
25. Sexy time – believe it or not sex has been shown to lower blood pressure, ease tress and
tension. Research has shown other benefits to other illnesses as well. As well as putting a
smile on your face.
26. Being around positive people – you are the average of the 5 people you hang about with.
Seeing and meeting up with friends also relies tension and decreases blood pressure. It also
releases good hormones and electrodes within the body. Its also a natural stimulant to
promote feelings of happiness
27. 3 meals a day? – yes there are limits as to what you should eat calorie wise and macro wise
for different results, but as a basic… if you are hungry then eat. Do not starve yourself.
28. Food choices – Opt for home cooked, fresh foods rather the pre packed processed shit you
get in the supermarkets. Preparing and cooking foods is a tradition that should be done. Not
just so you know whats going in them but for self purpose and satisfaction.
29. Snacks – Don’t be afraid to snack through the day, snacks are good. There is loads of good
snack bars available now as well as your usual fruits, nuts etc, heres a link to some great
30. DONT GO FULL HIT – hitting it head on can sometimes results in failure. Why? because you
have the best intentions to do something but then when things get tough, its easier to jack
in. Give yourself some slack, allow the odd beer over the weekend, do not restrict yourself
completely unless you are training for a comp or something obviously.
31. Reviewing your goals – its always good to look back over the last few months and see how
far you have come. Are you on track? are you progressing? This isn’t to be hard on yourself,
but to help move forward at a much quicker pace.
32. Meditation – now this isn’t always like most people think, with loads of floating magic dust.
It can simply be done by just getting 5 minutes to yourself or by using a app on your smart
phone. I personally find this really useful. Here is a good app to get you started….
33. Avoid eating 5 pieces of fruit – latest research has shown that just 2-3 pieces is enough
through a day.
34. Food sensitivity test – if you suffer with food intolerance’s then try to seek a good
nutritionist and possibly look into having some tests done to try and help the situation.
35. Take care with medication – Now i know its there to help, but please search for natural
remedies if possible or be aware of the side effects certain medications can have.
36. Circuit training – If you are still using circuit training then thats fine, just mix up your session,
random times, shorter breaks, heavier weights, one more exercise than normal. Just do
things that are different.
37. Eat organic when possible – Eating organically is the best route where possible. The foods
are meant to be pesticide free and therefore give your body the highest quality nutrients
and vitamins. Here is where we get all our fresh fruit and veg from that we deliver to our clients houses.
38. Dark chocolate – fancy a naughty snack, then here is something good to use. Have 2-3
squares of dark chocolate to feed those cravings. Always aim for a cocoa % of 75 and above
39. Eating breakfast – now i don’t care if you have heard else where, you need to eat breakfast.
Whether that be first thing in the morning or on the way to work. You need it. People prefer
it straight away ( me) others may have it a hour later. Just have something.
40. Avoid big gaps in your day – look over your day and note to see what times you eat at. The
length of the gap between these need to be kept short. Avoid going hours on hours without
41. Drink Alcohol – what. did. you . just. say! yep you heard it, reason being, you need to have
things you can enjoy. If this isn’t alcohol then replace it with food out or something. By this i
mean work hard and then enjoy the rewards. You need to give yourself a little reward to
keep the mind focused, just as long as it doesn’t overload and take over.
42. Yoga, stretches and all the good stuff – no matter what your goals, you should always try to
get some sort of stretching, mobility work and flexibility work in your week to keep supple
and moving well.
43. Avoid pain by checking in with yourself – starting to ache or get a twinge? then this is a
warning sign you may wish to take note of and get sorted. Listen to your body. It can’t speak
directly to you but it does have it ways of letting you know when something isn’t right.
44. Freebies! – use the likes of podcasts and video blogs as much as you can to get the latest tips
from the biggest stars!
45. Flavoured water – Add lime/lemon/mint/cucumber to your water to give it a refreshing taste
and also get alkalising! This is great for those people who struggle with the taste of water or
find it boring. Use the formula in number 17 to work out how much you need.
46. Flaxseed – this is great to sprinkle on oats, granolas, sales, in foods, in water. Its a great
source of good fats and oils. this can come in milled versions or even in a oil so choose what
suits you best.
47. Use technology – use apps to keep food recalls of what you have been eating and also for
exercise. track your lifts, and progression. Here is a good one HERE
48. Ignore BMI – Don’t listen to the BMI. its false. it doesn’t take important things into
consideration and often will just leave you feeling negative. Aim for your goals that you
want, not what someone else thinks!
49. Replenish after exercise – so now you know what your water intake should be, you should
add at least another .5-1 litre of water extra on top after a good workout session. Amounts
do vary but as a rough guide that is ok to go off 🙂
50. Breathing techniques – breathing is so important, not just in functioning, but in relaxing and
allowing our muscles to work to their full potential. Spend 2-3 minutes a day focusing on
your breath. You should breath through your diaphragm and stomach rather than your
51. Eating meats – mix up the meats you eat. Sometimes the stranger the better. Theres loads of
different meats packed with different good fats and proteins that are different from your
chicken and turkey. Try some venison, kangaroo, buffalo, boar and mix it up.
52. Hire a trainer or coach – If you are motivated, skilled, and have the right knowledge then do
this alone. However just hiring someone can take the guess work out of things and
ultimately save you money by you not having to start drinking shakes to lose weight, or not
reading a magazine to do a exercise from to add muscle.
53. If something isn’t working then change it – are you still in pain afters years of treatment?
are you still in the same place you were last year? then don’t be afraid to change. You can
save yourself loads of time and effort by spotting this early and deciding that you need to
change what you are doing. You and your results are the most important thing.
54. Egg whites and yolks ( you gotta be yokin me) – there is loads of different views on this as to
whether you should eat the whole thing or separate it. I am going to simplify this and make
it easier for you….. eat it all. there is little evidence now to support the separation other than
taste. if you prefer just one half then thats fine but don’t be scared of eating it all.
55. Excuses excuses – Stop using excuses to get you out of doing things that will help you
achieve the results you want. We are our own worst enemies at times in the fact that we
stop ourselves from getting what we want!
56. Don’t beat yourself up – If you are constantly tracking results and seeing progress then
great. But if a day comes and you don’t see progress don’t go and train for a extra 3 hours.
Just think why, accept it and move on. Holding on to the negative and focusing on it will only
lead to stress and a decline in your performance.
57. Taking the stairs in work – Next time you are in work and have the decision to either take
the lift or stairs, then just make it a no brainer and take the stairs. It might be tough but
there is only one way it is going to easier and that is get up and down them every day your in
58. Being happy – No matter what your doing you should always be happy. Don’t do something
that doesn’t make you happy. It is de moralising and is a quick route to losing interest and
therefore giving up quicker.
59. Barefoot feelings – This is something that must be seen as important and done often. get in
touch with the earth, get your shoes and shocks off and spend some time barefooted. I
spend most days in the studio in barefooted as it allows you to connect and move freely.
Want to go the extra mile? Then try to spend 5 minutes each day standing on real grass and
60. No time for exercise? – Every one is busy, but if you normally lift weights and want to put on
muscle but cant make the gym each day, then opt for a simple push, pull, Legs routine. This
way you can get all the major lifts in, hit every part of your body and not lose any results.
Exercises are split through anything where you need to push – bench press for example, Bent
over row for pull.
61. Stuck in work – If your stuck in a office all day then try to set yourself a goal of getting up
every 45 minutes for 1 minute and just stand up, move around, make a drink, just get up and